Electronic Coggins Results
The Animal Medical Hospital at Glenwood Equine offers electronic Coggins certificates to our clients!
With Global Vet Link and MyVetLink.com, you can access and print your horse's Coggins certificates online for travel made easy.
There are a few differences in procedure from our previous method of doing Coggins certificates. First, we need a valid email address to provide you with the ability to create an online account. We also need to take digital pictures of your horse the first time we do a Coggins test instead of hand-drawing markings on a paper form.
Once we have pictures of your horse in the system, we should not need to repeat them unless something changes in your horse's appearance (ie. a color change in a grey horse or new identifiable scars). As before, we need a small blood sample to send to the laboratory for testing.
The second difference is how you access your completed Coggins certificate. If you follow the below instructions, you should be able to access and print one directly from the website.
If you are having any trouble accessing your Coggins, please do not hesitate to call us with questions.
To create an account:
- Go to http://www.myvetlink.com/ or click the link on the right side of our home screen.
- Click on the "Create an Account" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Choose "Owner" from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your email address. After the system checks that you have entered a valid email address (as entered into the system by your veterinarian), you will receive a temporary password. Leave this window open or record the password for later use.
- An email will be generated and sent to you. Clink on the link within the email and enter the temporary password to access your account. The link will be valid for 30 minutes. If you are unable to click on it and complete the steps within 30 minutes, simply repeat steps 1-4.
- At the prompts, setup a new user name and password. Use this new username and password to login to your MyVetLink account in the future.
To retrieve your Coggins certificate:
- After logging in to your MyVetLink account, you will need to click on the Certificates menu on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click on View Certificates.
- If you would like to view or print your certificate, click on the Print button or on the link with the EIA-number associated with it, as seen in the main screen. Your certificate will open into Adobe Reader and you may print from this program.